Top 5 Reasons to Convert your Turf to a California Friendly Garden:
- The Drought silly! The average American home uses approximately half of its water irrigating outdoor landscaping, of which turf uses approximately xxx gallons per square foot – that’s tens of thousands of gallons on your yard per year!
- How much do you value your time? Turf requires lots of maintenance mowing, fertilizing, pulling weeds, etc – constant attention fighting with the elements to keep it green and under control. There’s an easier & less time-consuming way using plants which are adapted to our local climate & soil.
- Lowering your home’s operating costs is a strong investment – it increases curb appeal and reduces your ongoing monthly maintenance and water costs to replace turf, especially if you can get rebates to assist!
- Cutting down on urban noise pollution and pollution by clipping instead of mowing, reducing or eliminating the need for use of gas-fueled equipment.
- Contributing to a local sense of ‘place’ – we live in an enviable & desirable climate so why should our yards look like boring lawn (yawn!) cookie-cutter copies of each other? Using local native & adapted plants in a smart design contributes to not only a healthier more climate-appropriate ecosystem, but also differentiates a region from other area. Leave the grass for climates with more rainfall – we can keep our luscious mediterranean foliage!